I love vegetables and cake at the same rate. LOL. Which is why I do not bake cakes often, because if I make cake I will eat it! All of it! Not on the same day but still. Almost always I make sure when I make cake I give away some of it, usually as much as the other person will take. With vegetables, usually no one wants a second helping so more for me!
Like these roasted vegetables. I love, love, love them. I roasted butternut squash with some carrots, parsnips and onions. I also usually add zucchini but did not have it on hand. Its still delicious.
The even better part of this dish is the dressing. I made a reduction of balsamic vinegar and sugar to make balsamic syrup then added some honey. Just wow! It is not too sweet and has the right amount of tang from the vinegar.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 zucchini squash
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Chop all the vegetables and place in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Transfer the vegetables to baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining tablespoon olive oil, balsamic syrup and hone in a small bowl. Place roasted vegetables on serving bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top of vegetables. Serve while still warm.