Once every week I take Leo to a playgroup. I enjoy it as much as he does, I get to talk to other adults and he gets to make friends. Its hard for me to meet new people but so far it has been good. I think the best thing is that it forces me to get out of the houses. If shops here delivered groceries I probably would never leave the house!
This week one of the mums shared her recipe for baked spinach and cheese balls. Her son seemed to enjoy them, so I decided to try them
There is no meat so they are perfect as a meat substitute. You can serve these balls as a snack, appetizer or with spaghetti.
- 10 oz fresh arugula
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated cheese - use any you like
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop arugula and onion.
- Beat the three eggs in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl with the eggs.
- Mix together and form into balls with your hands or ice cream scoop and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.