I love eggs for breakfast more than any other protein. They are fast and easy to make. I like that eggs can be as simple and as fancy as you want, without spending a lot of money.
My mom has some pumpkin leaves that she has growing in her garden and we have been having them regularly(heaven!). For breakfast my mom prefers to have sadza, actually she can have it breakfast, lunch and supper! I am not one of those. Yesterday she had her sadza and pumpkin leaves for breakfast and that inspired me to make muboora scramble eggs for breakfast.
It tastes better than kale scrambled eggs. Of course I am biased! I love muboora!
Here is the recipe
- 1 bunch muboora(prepared)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare muboora according to these instructions
- Boil muboora (pumpkin leaves) for about 10 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and tomatoes in the oil and add the cooked pumpkin leaves. Add the eggs and scramble with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve warm with bread or sadza.