I had so much fun experimenting with muboora when I was in Zimbabwe. What I love the most about this vegetable is that it is affordable and easy to grow. It is also very versatile.
First time I tried muboora and eggs, I was pleasantly surprised, it is yummy. So be sure to try it as well as today’s recipe which is an egg and muboora muffin.
It is easy to make and perfect for large groups.
To start you have to prepare muboora and boil it as shown here.
You mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and pour the mixture in the tin.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-3 tablespoons onion, diced
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked muboora
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add in remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the muffin is completely cooked.