This Caramel Vanilla Rooibos Chai Latte is as good as it looks.
Finally it is winter in Bermuda. To be fair it is not cold enough to be winter anywhere else but we acclimatised. It is 20C but if you see what I am wearing, you would swear it was colder than 20C. It just gives me an excuse to drink tea all day. I wonder what I will do when we hit 15C. Perhaps then I will have an excuse to wear my infinity scarf.
We had one day in October that was chilly perhaps a day like today. I took Leo to work and on our way back, I saw this woman with one of those blanket scarves. I swear I started sweating just by looking at her. This is what I have figured, the people in Bermuda buy winter clothes when they go to colder places like America say for vacation. They will wear those clothes maybe once or twice, so when it gets cooler they wear those clothes to get some bang for their buck.
Ok yeah, so I was talking about tea. I made this Caramel Vanilla Rooibos Chai Latte. I like flavoured tea but I get bored easily to commit to a whole packet of flavoured tea bags. So when I get bored with plain tea I add whatever flavour I feel like that
day hour. Chai Tea is basically spiced tea and seeing that I have all the spices at home means I can make it whenever I feel like it.
I boiled the spices and water together for 5 minutes and then steeped the teabags for another 5 minutes. Added the vanilla, caramel syrup and milk. I was in a mood for a frothy drink so added the whipped cream.
- 2 cups water
- 2 peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 rooibos tea bags
- 1-2 tablespoon caramel sauce or syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- Put water, peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and a cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for at least five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place tea bags in water. Steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in caramel sauce and vanilla.
- Heat milk in microwave for 15 seconds on medium heat and stir into tea.
- Top with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce if desired.
- Serve immediately.