Hi, My name is Princess.
I put peanut butter in everything.
I think it is weird to use peanut butter as a salad dressing.
Until this week that is.
Admit it, you are like me too!
I know I am not the only one who boxes themselves in a corner because I have not tried something. Not just with food but extends to trying something for the first time. I am comfortable with what I know and following the rules. After all rules are there to protect us. It is also fun to break the rules. I gave these noodles a try and it is so good.
I used rice noodles and the salad tasted just like rice with peanut butter.
Rice noodles can just be soaked in hot water so you do need to use the stove unless if you want to. If you do not like rice noodles, feel free to use wheat pasta. I made the dressing then added the cooked noodles and tossed together with some vegetables. I used mostly peppers but you can add anything you like.
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 lb rice noodles
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl until smooth
- Cook rice noodles in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water.
- Add noodles, scallions, bell peppers, and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.