This year has been the coldest since I came to Bermuda. Our temperatures have reached 12°C or perhaps even lower. For Bermuda that is cold and it has us reaching for our warm clothes( light sweaters and jackets) and warm food. I spend my days drinking tea to keep warm.
Today has been raining and chilly and decided to make soup. Butternut squash soup. I love making this soup and eating it too. I think this is the easiest soup ever. If you can peel vegetables then you can definitely make this and without going to the shops too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 chopped butternut squash
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the squash and chicken stock. Ass salt, pepper and thyme.Simmer until the squash is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and serve hot.