I have been sitting here trying to figure out an introduction and I got nothing. Finally, I just decided to let you know I am struggling with this introduction. The recipe I am sharing today was much easier for me to come up with.
I don’t bake a lot of desserts because there is only three of us here and if I can not get to share them we have to eat them because I really don’t want to throw out food. Fortunately, I got to share the cookies with friends and they loved them. I am sure you will love them too.
Thanks to Heavenly Delights for providing hupfu hwezviyo for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 and 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup finger millet (zviyo)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla, egg and honey and mix again until combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Roll teaspoons of the cookie dough and place on prepared trays. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.