It is the best roll I have made to use for a sandwich. It has the right amount of sweetness and saltiness. I found the recipe on The Real Deal Cooking Channel. Here it is:
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 1 egg
- Add the yeast and sugar to warm water in a bowl and stir well. Leave to activate about 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl of the mixer.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix for about 3 minutes. Knead dough for about 10 minutes..
- Let the dough rise and double in size in a warm place about an hour.
- Turn the dough over onto a clean surface, use flour if you need to. Knead the dough about five minutes. Form it into a long roll and cut into 9 pieces. Form into rolls and slash with a sharp knife.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Let the rolls sit for a about 1 hour or until double in size. Brush with an egg wash.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.