One of my college classmates often laughs at people who eat salad for lunch. He says salads are rabbit food. In my opinion I think he has never tried a good salad and an equally good dressing. For me a good salad should be fresh and have some crunch and bite into. It should be more than just the lettuce or spinach and the dressing should just help blend all the flavours and textures together.
This salad has both fruits and vegetables, which means I can eat as much as I want to. The dressing is made with a base of Greek yogurt, YUM! It also has some of my sweet chilli sauce which gives the salad a kick at the end. This salad smells all so good, your family or guests will never guess that it is just a salad. You will not miss the meat, I promise.
My husband loves his Sadza and meat but he totally enjoyed this
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 sweet apple, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- ½ cup Feta cheese
Creamy Yogurt Dressing
- 1 5.3 oz. Greek Yogurt with Pomegranate
- ¼ cup Sweet Red Chili Sauce (found in Asian section)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss to coat, if serving immediately. For leftovers, drizzle dressing on individual salad servings. Top with freshly ground salt and pepper.