I have been having fun trying mazhanje jam in different recipes. Today’s recipe is super simple, mazhanje hand pies.
I always make my own pastry but feel free to use store bought pastry which would make it a two ingredient recipe. You simply will sandwich the jam between two pastry sheets shaped to your own desire.
Remember to slash the tops of your mini pies to allow steam to escape.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 150g butter (cold and chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoon icy cold water
- 1 cup mazhanje jam
- Place the flour, sugar and butter into a food processor and process it until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Slowly adding the iced water until a smooth dough forms.
- Knead the dough into a ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin until it is 3mm thick. Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut out the pastry into 24 shapes. Place half of the "cookie" shaped pastry on a lined cookie sheet. Place a teaspoon of the jam onto the pastry and cover with the other half of the cookie shaped pastry.
- Brush tops with some milk and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.